Fox Liquid Eductors for Pumping, Mixing and Blending
Fox liquid-driven eductors use motive liquid to entrain, mix and pump liquids, slurries, or gases using no moving parts. Unlike pumps, they have no seals, packing, or bearings and are ideal for pumping corrosive, explosive, hazardous, or toxic fluids, and can replace pumps when explosion-proof motors would be required.
In addition to supplying standard liquid eductors from our large inventory in NJ, USA – Fox Valve can design and manufacture highly engineered liquid eductors in our NJ factory. Since many of our machined-from-bar eductors are stocked as unassembled components, we can quickly modify internal geometry and assemble final design units or prototypes in less than a week. PTFE-lined and PVDF-lined eductors are rugged, flanged assemblies – available in 2″ to 4″ line sizes.
Typical motive liquid pressures are 20 – 120 psig (1.4 to 8 barg) but higher or lower pressures can be accommodated for unusual applications. Discharge pressure, as a general rule, must be less than about half of supply pressure.
- No Moving Parts – Eductors are reliable, with no seals or packing to leak. They are maintenance-free. When appropriate, they can be completely welded together – eliminating all soft seals. Eductors are a common replacement for peristaltic or chemical injection pumps when reliability in the field must be 24/7.
- Vacuum up to 25″Hg (0,15 bara) – Eductors are capable of pulling deep vacuum, and can be used to lift liquids 20-25 ft. (7m)
- Rugged and Easy to Operate – Eductors are self-priming and can be installed in any position – horizontal or vertical. They can ingest small particulates. If they need to handle abrasive slurries (such as produced water from oil and gas wells) containing sand and grit) Fox liquid eductors can be ceramic or tool-steel lined with replaceable wear parts.
- Cost-Effective – Initial cost is low compared to other traditional pumping options, especially when fully sanitary/food-grade pumps, or XP motors, or pumps made from exotic materials are required.
- Optimized OEM liquid eductors with performance, end connections, and materials to facilitate integration into your product. Fox supplies many thousands of highly customized eductors every year to our OEM customers. All are the result of a multi-step process of prototype manufacture, development test units, and final production designs – a process that can be completed in weeks, not months.
- Line Sizes: 1/4 to 16 inch diameter (6mm to 400mm)
- Metals: Stainless, Carbon Steel, Monel, Hastelloy, Titanium, Alloy 20, Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, or Any Machinable Metal
- Plastics: PVC, CPVC, TFE-Lined, PVDF-Lined
- Off-The-Shelf Liquid Eductors in CS/SS: 1/4″ to 4″
- Off-The-Shelf PVC: 1/2″ to 3″; CPVC 1/2″ to 2″
- Custom built eductors: 1/4″ to 16″
- Custom PTFE/PVDF-Lined: 2″ to 4″
- MAWP available to 10,000 psig (700 barg)
- End Connections:
- Threads: NPT, BSP, SAE 45° Flare, AN 37° Flare
- Flanges: 150# to 3000# ANSI, DIN Flanges, or any custom-built flange to mate to any equipment
- Tubing: Stub ends of any specified tubing, inch or mm
- Food-grade: Tri-clamp or other sanitary/hygienic ferrules
- Weld: Butt weld prep ends, sockets, etc.
- Available Surface Treatments: Electropolish, oxygen cleaning, passivation, anodizing, etc.
Liquid-driven eductors can be found in almost every industry where eliminating maintenance and leaks is important. Typical applications include:
- Acid/Caustic Dilution – Replacing chemical injection pumps
- Blending/Mixing Additives – beverages, juices, animal nutrition, chemical and hydrocarbon solutions
- Flouridation and Chlorination of drinking water
- Pumping/treating produced water from wells and storage
- Emptying fuel or hydraulic oil accumulated in sumps, troughs, etc.
- Mixing food-grade CIP rinsing solutions
- Purging fuel lines, vessels and tanks after engine and combustion operations and tests of diesel, gas turbine, and rocket engines.
- Refrigerant (R-143A, R-410A, etc.) pumping, recirculation of in HVAC and chiller systems
- Injecting Diesel, gasoline, RP-1 and other fuels with performance additives
- Hydraulic oil recirculation
- Pumping radioactive fluids – from underground tanks, etc.
Fox Liquid Eductors are made in the USA
- Reliable Deliveries on both small and OEM quantities. Stock eductors (1/2 inch to 3 inch) ship in 2 to 5 days
- Rush/Expedited delivery is usually available (when standard designs cannot be used or exotic materials are needed).
Many eductors are in use as primary or back-up transfer pumps on “catch-all” sumps or receivers where the fluid pumped can vary from day to day. They are also valuable in emergency spill cleanup, as they can be operated in any position and are self-priming.
Acid or Caustic Dilution
Fox Eductors are often used to blend batches of caustic or acid solutions. This image shows an eductor filling a batch tank. Motive water is used to entrain the concentrated fluid under vacuum. The concentrate is then mixed with the water to form the desired solution concentration. Secondary mixing of the new solution and the existing liquid can be obtained with the Fox Tank Mixing Eductors. The eductor eliminates costly and troublesome corrosion resistant chemical feed pumps.
Pump Priming Eductor
Fox eductors are ideal for priming pumps. The eductor suction port is piped to the highest point of the pump casing. The motive water is used to evacuate the pump case and suction line. When the exhauster discharge flow is free of air bubbles, the pump is primed.